The following organisations provide support to LGBTQ+ people who are experiencing, or have experienced, domestic violence and abuse:


Galop is the UK’s premiere LGBTQ+ anti-violence charity, and runs the National LGBTQ+ Domestic Abuse Helpline (0800 999 5428). It provides expert advice and advocacy for queer people experiencing abuse and can assist you with advice on your rights, emotional support, emergency help, information on housing options, and referrals to local LGBTQ+ services. Its website also contains a catalogue of helpful fact sheets and information for survivors and friends / family members.


AKT is the UK’s LGBTQ+ youth homelessness charity, and serves queer people between the aged 16-25 in the UK. It helps young people stay safe in a crisis, find emergency accommodation, access specialist support and identify and achieve life goals. 

You can refer yourself to AKT’s services here.

The Outside Project

The Outside Project runs a sizeable homelessness centre in London. While it doesn’t take direct applications, it does take referrals from other organisations, such as AKT, and Stonewall housing. 

London Friend

London Friend offers a wide range of services, including domestic abuse counselling, which is available for free. You can contact them via the email address on this page.

Stonewall Housing

Stonewall Housing works to ensure lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people live in safer homes, free from fear. It offers and advice service on 020 7359 5767 (open every weekday between 10:00 and 13:00), and it also offers supported housing.


Rise offers a domestic abuse helpline which is open every Monday 17:00 – 19:00 on 01273 622 828.


Switchboard is the UK’s longest-running LGBTQ+ helpline, and is staffed by trained, queer volunteers. Not only can they provide emotional support, and talk to you about your situation, but they can possibly refer you to a local service that can help. Call Switchboard on 0300 330 0630, 10am - 10pm, or webchat with them here, or email [email protected].

LGBT Domestic Abuse Scotland

Information and advice is provided across LGBT Domestic Abuse Scotland’s site, as well as lots of helpful links to other places you can receive support.

Your local council

If you’re experiencing domestic violence or abuse then your local council is obliged to help, and prioritise your case with regard to finding you safe housing. You can find your local council’s website here.

Other links

Women’s Aid 


Mankind Initiative